19.10.10

The mystery Nicki Minaj Verse is SOLVED

I first heard this mystery verse this past summer when my girlfriend and her roommate were blasting Cheif Stockton - Barbie Girl (ft. Nicki Minaj) nonstop! Something about it was off, Nicki Minaj's verse didn't fit at all, and what he said was just stupid. At the end of his song he says, ".. and i debate, whether Nicki Minaj's verse is real or is it fake." That being said, i really would like a really good song to come out of this sample.



Second time i heard it was in an unofficial remix of Willow Smith's debut single, "Whip My Hair." This verse was just lifted and pasted onto her beat, it sounds good, but knowing the existance of the verse previously I was still confused.

So I was reading First Up! tonight and i ran across her post about the Whip My Hair remix. In her post she exposed the origin of this verse! It was origionally on Pearl Future's song "Lookin At Me (ft. Nicki Minaj)."

Listening to his song gives my very distant conscience some closure. the last jigsaw puzzle piece was just placed.

Cheif Stockton - Barbie Girl(ft. Nicki Minaj)
Willow Smith - Whip My Hair(Remix ft. Nicki Minaj)
Pearl Future - Lookin At me(Ft. Nicki Minaj)

No comments: